Lady Elliot Island Day Trip and Whale Watching Package
Experience two great natural wonders—whale watching in Hervey Bay and Lady Elliot Island—on World Heritage listed Great Barrier Reef.
This package include the ultimate half-day whale watching cruise with Tasman Venture and a full Lady Elliot Island day tour.
Half-day Whale Watch Cruise
The half day whale watch cruise from Hervey Bay allows you to get closer the majestic humpbacks than you ever have before.
Lady Elliot Island
Our island day packages give you ample time to snorkel in crystal clear waters with an abundance of marine life on the spectacular Great Barrier Reef.
Lady Elliot Island, situated off the northern tip of Fraser Island, is the most southern coral cay that lies within the Great Barrier Reef Marine Reserve.
It is a significant bird breeding ground as well as being home to an array of wildlife, including whales, turtles, manta rays and various tropical fish.
The lagoon is the perfect place for a spot of reef walking and fish feeding, while the island’s surrounding reef right off the beach offers amazing visibility year round and is a snorkeler’s dream.
The glass-bottomed boat tour is a must do and allows you a glimpse of the spectacular marine life in the island’s pristine waters.
The Great Barrier Reef is one of the world’s natural wonders, so make sure you visit this unsurpassed coral eco-system and combine it with a half day Hervey Bay whale watching cruise.
Your Whale Watching Tour Includes:
- Guaranteed sightings
- Expert accredited commentary
- Friendly and experienced staff
- Tea/coffee with biscuits, danishes, cake & antipasto platter on the way home
- Hydrophone equipped, to hear the Whales sing
- Free Wi-Fi
- Underwater viewing rooms (see the whales in their natural environment)
- Access to the unique viewing platform (gets you eye level with the whales)
- Free “Close Encounters” Whale Watch DVD
- Entertainment for the children (toys, colouring in and kids DVDs)
- Multi lingual staff and whale information in 6 languages
- Air-conditioned comfort in all cabin areas
- Fully licensed
- Free transfer from your Hervey Bay Accommodation
HERVEY BAY WHALE SEASON
14th July 2018 until 28th October 2018
Morning Whale Watch - 8:30am to 12:30pm
Afternoon Whale Watch - 1:30pm to 5:30pm
Cruise times are subject to change as we are well known for having "one last look" and this can mean a later return on our cruises.
Your Day Trip To Lady Elliot Island Includes:
- Return scenic flight to the island (approx. 40 mins*)
- Welcome drink/orientation tour
- Glass bottom boat/guided snorkel tour
- Snorkel equipment (mask, snorkel & fins)
- Hot & cold buffet lunch
- Afternoon guided activity/tour
- Towels, sunscreen, snorkel equipment and reef walking shoes provided
- Use of day guest facilities
Scenic flight departs Hervey Bay approx. 8:10am
Arrives Lady Elliot Island approx. 8:50am
* Check in at the Lady Elliot Island counter - Hervey Bay Airport 30 minutes prior to your departing flight
Departs Lady Elliot Island approx. 4:00pm
Arrives Hervey Bay approx. 4:40pm
* Flight times vary depending on weather, aircraft type and possible transit stops
Please bring: Swimsuit, comfortable walking shoes/crocs, hat, sunscreen and camera
- Reef walking shoes/crocs are highly recommended, if you do not have any we have some on the Island for guests to borrow
- Lockers available for hire
- All activities are subject to weather and tide conditions
Terms and Conditions
- 100% cancellation fee applies if the booking is cancelled after 4.00pm the day prior to travel.
- 50% cancellation fee applies if the booking is cancelled before 4.00pm the day prior to travel.
- Day guests, please be aware that Lady Elliot Island cannot be responsible for the weather. Should weather conditions result in cancellation of the tour, you will be able to transfer your trip to another date at no additional cost. If your travel plans do not allow you to postpone, a full refund will be issued. Please note that weather conditions may vary whilst on the Island and result in cancellation of water activities.
- Once the day trip has commenced no refund will be issued.
***Travel insurance is strongly recommended to cover unforeseen circumstances***